Smell the rain | Luce's Eternal Sunshine: Smell the rain

8 May 2013

Smell the rain

Winter is finally coming to Perth!

I've always associated rain with safety, like a liquid shield. That is until my darling mum told the story of how we were robbed on a stormy night when I was younger. The burglar crept right past my sleeping sister and took my dad's wallet. They also traipsed mud right through the house, which I think is what annoyed mum the most.

To be honest, her attempt to change my romantic view of winter weather hasn't worked. I still feel that when I have my flannelette pajamas on, a hot cup of tea in hand and the covers pulled up to my chin, all is good in the world.


Tea of choice: love from pukka 
Book of choice: Tell the wolves I'm home by Carol Rifka Brunt

xx Luce

No comments:

Post a Comment